Live and Frozen Food
Frozen Food – Convenient supplement to live and fresh food. Helps to provide balanced nutrition.
Live Food – Live food such as crickets, mealworms, mice, and rats are a great source of protein as well as carbohydrates, fats, and fiber. It also provides a vehicle for giving your reptile vitamin supplements when dusted or gut loaded (see below). Many animals will only respond to the movement of live food.
Live Foods Available:
- Crickets Large and Small
- Dubia Roaches
- Meal Worms
- Super Worms
Frozen Foods Available:
- We can special order larger feeders. Contact store for details.
Items of note:
- Gut Load – You are what you eat, and so are reptiles. Crickets and mealworms lose all nutritional value within three days without food or water. Providing this to the crickets provides proper nutrition to your reptile.
- Moisture Cubes – Crickets need water to survive and some type of moisture cube is a more reliable and hygienic way to provide for this.
- Cricket Housing – Proper housing for your reptile’s crickets will help ensure that they survive until dinner time.
- Fresh Food – Some reptiles require fresh fruits, vegetables and plant matter to thrive. Provides certain vitamins and minerals, as well as a source of moisture.
- Vitamin/Calcium Supplement – Ensures your reptile gets proper nutrition in addition to normal diet.